The journey began here. Follow along to the next chapter with....

1/30/09

Little willy wonka

Today was our first anatomy scan @ 19 weeks. The baby is looking normal at 9 oz (forgot how many inches) though the feet is 1 and a half inches now. The heart looked good. Everything looked normal. Except towards the end, the baby had enough and decided to show it's displeasure at being sonogrammed by punching me. I saw it on the scan! It wasn't trying to cover it's face or waving it's arm but punching me. I felt it ok and then saw it with my own eyes. Opinionated little thing and it hasn't even been born yet.

Now that you know the baby is doing well....here's the thing you've been dying to ask...yes it was right there. I thought I can't be seeing what I'm seeing but there it was, waving it's little willy wonka for the world to see. I started to cry because I was shocked. How else do you react when God gives you exactly what you've always wanted? I just couldn't believe it. Which is why of most of the pictures the woman gave us had his private parts labeled all over them.

Then came the realization the we don't have a name or that I was really preparing myself for a girl so as not to be disappointed or impose my want on the baby that now I don't know what I'm going to do with a boy! I was getting excited about a girl. Now I have to rethink everything. I tried that word out, "my son", it's my son in there. I'm going to have a boy. That is just wild!

I'm excited. I can't wait to see my parents. I really wish my in-laws were here too. I miss them very much. Am I the only person who really really likes and loves their in-laws? It would be nice to just call and talk to my sisters-in-law. I was sitting here writing a list for the baby shower and realized that nearly half the ppl I would like to invite are on the other side of the ocean. That just made me sad.

I never really had grandparents. My son will have two sets. I had my maternal grandmother. My paternal one wasn't really around much and she was more excited about my brother than me anyway. Maybe because she already had too many granddaughters. But when I think about it, I can't help but thank God for how much he has blessed me. My son is coming along well despite the fact that I'm not eating much (he won't let me) or haven't really put on much weight (not that I'm complaining). My baby is healthy and I can't wait to meet him.

We're working on getting the pictures scanned so we can post them on here. Until then....we're off.

1 comment:

Pjjam said...

You aren't alone. I adore my in-laws (and I'm sure that Tom will understand why!).

Good to hear you're doing well.

Kirsten and Wull