The journey began here. Follow along to the next chapter with....

12/2/08

Why midwife?????

I have had the worst heartburn of my life for the last five hours! This fetus is being particularly unpleasant. OK, so maybe not really the baby's fault more the fault of my gastrointestinal system. Is that even a word? I don't know and right now I don't think I really care. Someone just get me some tums!!

I just had a long conversation with my aunt. God love. I know I do. But I have bad heartburn and all the ginger-ale and burping has not helped this. Then to have to explain why I'm using a midwife. So before anyone else asks, let me clear up this issue as sanely as I can. Did I mention the heartburn that is boring a hole in my esophagus?

I know a number of women who have used midwives and had really loved the experience. So I went online and did my homework. I found a place in Brooklyn called the Brooklyn Birthing Center. We went to the orientation to check the place out. My personal take on it was they had way too many restrictions and regulations for dealing with emergencies and complications. This was positive. They were affiliated with reputable doctors and they are affiliated with a hospital. Couldn't tell you which one since I don't remember.

But the deciding factor was that I really hate hospitals. Really. I really do. The place made me feel more comfortable than I have ever felt in a medical facility. There's something about the smell, the feel of hospitals that really make me nervous and uncomfortable. So for something this big, I had to go with something that made me feel more comfortable and did not agitate me further.

On that note, I think I'm going to go back to my ginger-ale and continue to nurse this heart burn.

No comments: