The journey began here. Follow along to the next chapter with....

12/29/08

After much ado about not much of anything...

Ok, see that weird thing below this post? Well if you click on "view message" under "options" it will redirect you to the Sprint Nextel page. Click on the box w/ the little volume symbol to hear Peanut's heartbeat.

Yes, today I went for my second doctor's visit. Baby and I are doing fine. We are coming along normally...well as normal as we can be. The midwife said I felt like I may be 18 weeks but she's putting me at 15 weeks. They count from the first day of your last period and minus a week or two. Anyway, the baby's heartbeat was 130 which is a bit on the slow side but normal. Usually they look for anything between 120 and 160. I haven't gained any weight which makes me happy though my pants are getting tighter. All my blood tests came back normal so I'm still healthy as a horse by the grace of God.

It was very freaky listening to the heartbeat for the first time. Kind of like an alien inside of you. Of course me being who I am, I started laughing hysterically which made the whole thing sound very creepy indeed. My first sonogram will be after the Superbowl and my next visit will be shortly after that. I can't wait for the sonogram to see my baby. I'm having a baby...how freaky is that!!

Well, that is the update for now. Grandma was very happy to hear that we are doing well. Sent her a little present via the uncle-to-be who it looks like is getting either a niece or nephew for his birthday this year. But for those of you who are more excited than me about this whole thing....rest assured that I'm warming up to it. Just don't expect me to get all "awww how sweet and cute and wonderful a miracle life is..." Life is a gift. It's a miracle. But pregnancy is a very gross and disgusting experience.

On that note, I'm signing off. I have a headache that does not seem to be going away....

No comments: